Where can I get help with my problems?
School staff are not mental health specialists and will be sign posting you to the following agencies to get help and support – you can do this yourselves directly through the links provided below:
- Talk to your parent/carer
- Visit your GP
- Speak to your School Nurse: Information on School Nurse during Covid-19 school closure
- Speak to your Progress Leader and ask for a School Counsellor referral
- Speak to your Progress Leader and ask for coping strategies around anxiety
- KOOTH – https://kooth.com/ (Free, safe anonymous online support)
- Off The Record – Midsomer Norton – http://offtherecord-banes.co.uk/ (confidential counselling service in Midsomer Norton High Street)
- Young Carers – https://www.banescarerscentre.org.uk/youngcarers/ (Support for students that have caring responsibilities)
- NSPCC – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/what-we-do/about-us/contact-us/ (support for children around problems they may be having )
- Child line – https://www.childline.org.uk/ – support for children around problems they may be having
- Samaritans – https://www.samaritans.org/ support for children around problems they may be having
- CAMHS – BANES – https://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/children-and-young-people/young-people/south-west/banes/banes-community-camhs/ – mental health support – online referral directly
- BANES Parents leaflet – an interactive guidance leaflet for parents and carers of children and young people with mental health problems.