Welcome To Sixth Form
Welcome from the Headteacher
It is our privilege to welcome you to Writhlington Sixth Form, which we believe to be truly remarkable. Writhlington is an exciting place - we are one of the highest achieving schools nationally and are internationally recognised for some of the work we do.
We aim to develop each of our students to be self confident, courageous learners who embrace the demands and challenges of the 21st century, who succeed and are a value to society. Most of all we want you to enjoy school and be happy.
We aim to provide an outstanding educational experience in a modern and safe learning environment. Every student is valued and has the opportunity not only to develop knowledge and gain academic qualifications but also to develop interpersonal skills. We provide all students with a wealth of opportunities both within and outside the curriculum. These will raise your aspirations, develop consideration and respect for others and support you to meet your full potential.
New sixth form building
Our success has been rewarded with a £42 million campus, including a £5m building dedicated to Sixth Form learning. The outstanding facility includes classrooms, specialised areas to accommodate leisure and study areas for learners.
At Writhlington it is not only the building which gives you the opportunity flourish but the learning environment. This environment is created by the Sixth Form community of students and staff who support you and ensure you reach your potential.
As part of Writhlington School you will have the opportunity to:
- study a balanced and broad curriculum which will challenge you and develop your skills and interests
- Follow a learning pathway which can be tailored to your own needs enabling you to progress along your chosen route
- Be offered support and guidance throughout the transition and your time here to explore the most suitable pathway for you at Sixth Form and beyond in Higher Education or employment
- Develop your independence and maturity by being encouraged to take part in the life of the school and the wider community through student led initiatives
- Be a valued member of Writhlington School
- Have the excellent learning support that is offered to all students