How To Apply
We welcome applications from students currently at Writhlington School as well as students from other schools. There is an entry requirement of 5 A*-C grades including English and Maths. In addition there are specific entry requirements to A-level subjects. Please see the subject list for more information. If you are considering Writhlington School we encourage you to:
- Attend the Sixth Form Open Evening
- Talk to the staff and teachers about which options will suit you
- Carefully read all the information provided on courses if you decide that Writhlington Sixth Form is for you:
- Complete an application form and hand it in to Sixth Form reception, post it to us or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will obtain references from your current school and invite you to an interview between February and April
- We may then make you a conditional offer based on your GCSE courses and references to ensure that the courses you choose are appropriate for you
After the examinations are over we offer Taster Days during the summer term where you are invited to attend some lessons to make sure that you are happy with your choices. You will also be able to meet your personal tutor. Enrolment takes place at the end of August after your GCSE results have been received. Induction day is in September where you learn more about life in the Sixth Form. Late applications are welcome up until September 2014 provided places are still available. Courses do fill up so we encourage you to make an early application.